Overview of event
Scott Ledgerwood will present this AREA Research Committee webinar. Scott leads the User Interface and User Experience Portfolio at the NIST Public Safety Communications Research Division. PSCR is performing research across a variety of areas to support future first responder technologies. They work with law enforcement, fire service, and emergency medical services to come up with unique virtual environments and scenarios to develop visual aids, haptic feedback devices, and audio cue interfaces.
Attendees will gain insight into the following topics:
- What is the goal of the US Department of Commerce’s National Institute of Standards and Technology, and, in particular, the Public Safety Communications Research program?
- How is NIST studying human factors and developing AR and VR tools for Public Safety professionals?
- What have the challenge programs and initiatives produced to date?
- How has the Public Safety community responded to the technology demonstrations and use cases?
- How is usability for Public Safety measured and improved?
Registration and Fees
365体育投注There is no charge for this webinar.
Location and Travel
This is an online webinar. Please use the links provided to register.